Free Praxis Core Reading Practice Test (2022)
Last updated 11/09/2022
Completing a Praxis Core Reading practice test is a top way to prepare for the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators reading test. Individuals looking to gain certification as a teacher take this test. Many states require prospective teachers to complete this test. They need to pass it before they are accepted to a teacher preparation course. The questions featured on this exam will assess your reading skills. Specifically, in the following areas: craft, key ideas, language skills, structure, and integration of ideas and knowledge.
Our team of psychometric test experts at Prepterminal has developed a free Praxis Core Reading practice test. This test will help prospective teachers prepare for their Praxis Core Reading exam.
Try our free practice test and see what your current reading testing level is.
0 of 15 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 15 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
This document is a policy regarding good practice security measures
- Do not leave laptops unattended in car boots overnight
- Do not leave laptops unattended in insecure areas, for example meeting rooms next to areas of public access, and hotel rooms where others may have access. Make use of room locks and lockable storage facilities where available
- Be aware of the potential for opportunist or targeted theft of laptop bags in busy public places including airports, train stations, hotel lobbies, exhibition halls etc. and on public transport eg. buses and trains
- Do not use laptops with removable media in places where that media could easily left behind or misplaced
- When travelling, avoid placing laptops in locations where they could be easily forgotten or left behind eg. overhead racks and taxi boots
- Be aware that the use of laptops in public places will likely draw the attention of those in the vicinity. It is possible that information viewed on a laptop screen could lead to the unauthorised disclosure of that information being processed.
The abovementioned policy aims to protects users fromCorrectIncorrect
This document is a New business announcement email
We are excited to announce that, due to our remarkable growth over the last 12 years, we are expanding!
In fact, we are opening a new store in Store Neighborhood CA.
We invite you to celebrate with us during the big opening day on December 23. There will be many exciting surprises, including irresistible discounts.
There is a 30-50% discount for every product. If you want to make use of your opening day discount, please click on the button below so we can send you the discount code.
See you there.
Team CCT Electronics, LTD.
In order to take advantage from the discount, Jeremy mustCorrectIncorrect
This document represents some key points of an online security policy
- Traditional password protection on a laptop offers limited defence against a determined attacker because the attacker has unconstrained access to the physical device. Modern complex password techniques offer more protection but are not currently on widespread use.
- The physical security controls that are possible within an NHS buildings environment are not available outside of that environment; therefore if procedural and personal controls of the laptop are breached the only effective technical measure that can be applied is cryptography. The Department of Health and NHS Connecting for Health provide well defined guidance based upon recommendations made by CESG and other good practice which if followed provides an adequate level of security. This includes pointers to relevant schemes and products suitable for protecting NHS information.
- Additional information on laptop protection and evaluated products is available through the CESG Internet website at www.cesg.gov.uk
- Encryption products are not difficult but must be used correctly in accordance with defined procedures, in particular the password and any token must be kept separate from the laptop; these are effectively the encryption key. Data is therefore only protected by encryption when the laptop is powered off and not in normal use.
The laptop you use in your workplace stores very sensitive data of many important people. Which from the actions below is in accordance with the security policy mentioned above?CorrectIncorrect
Arrange the following sentences to form a sensible paragraph.
- Yet it only took relatively weak aftershocks to bring it down.
- This building was supposedly able to withstand heavy winds and strong earthquakes.
- The local government, however, remains quiet about this issue.
- The people are starting to question the proposed budget for its construction.
This Policy involves Using Official Social Media Accounts at Work
Official accounts must
- Attempt to assist those who ask for help
- Seek to build a community
- Be accurate
- Be checked daily (including on weekends)
- Where appropriate (for example Facebook pages) be moderated to prevent offensive or illegal content being published by the council
- Be able to respond to requests for information and complaints in line with the Council’s policy and the law
- Be impartial
- Be courteous
- Provide high levels of customer service
- Comply with the rules around publishing information during the pre-election period
Official accounts must not
- Be political
- Criticise council policy
- Ignore people
- Block people, or delete comments unless they breach the Council’s acceptable use policy
- Seek to persuade people to a view held by the authority
You are a member of the local administration in your city. Based on the policy shown above, social media can be used for…CorrectIncorrect
ThisThis policy is about Data Security of a Company Network
SNSM has the potential for security-related issues. Most SNSM traffic is sent in clear text that is not encrypted. The following statements apply to SNSM security:
- The agency’s information security officer must review selected SNSM service providers, clients, and associated plug-ins to identify potential security vulnerabilities prior to their use.
- To maintain security of SNMS network usernames and passwords, SNSM users must use a unique username/password combination that differs from their login ID and password for the SNMS network.
- Sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, social security numbers and account numbers passed via SNSM can be read by parties other than the intended recipient(s). Transferring sensitive information over SNSM is prohibited.
- Peer-to-peer file sharing is not allowed through the SNMS network. SNSM clients are prohibited from use as peer-to-peer file-sharing.
- Many SNSM clients provide file transfers. Policies and guidelines pertaining to e-mail attachments also apply to file transfer via SNSM.
- SNSM can make a user’s computer vulnerable to denial of service (DoS) attacks. SNSM users should configure their SNSM clients in such a way that they do not receive messages from unauthorized users.
Based on the above policy excerpt, the staff responsible for the SNSM service providers have the obligation toCorrectIncorrect
Select the sentence that best describes the ideas of the given statements taken from a newspaper.
“Glaciers are melting, and water temperatures are rising. Yes, global warming is real, and it is happening at a very fast rate. It is our rightful duty to save the planet that houses us and provides us with everything we need. If we don’t act now, tomorrow will be too late!”CorrectIncorrect
This policy is about Information system access control
Minimum requirements for information system access control are:
- valid individual user identifications and passwords for all computer access,
- successful and unsuccessful system accesses are to be recorded,
- the last time a user was logged on is to be recorded or displayed,
- user account details are to be issued at a formal training session,
- new user accounts are to be initially configured so as to force a change of the password upon first logging on.
You are working as a Practice Security Officer at a business center. All employees have access to the database of the business and also have their personal accounts by which they log in to the system.
When it is necessary to take action in advising an employee about security issues?CorrectIncorrect
This is an example of a Sample Job Offer Rejection Letter
I really appreciate you taking the time to interview me and consider me for the Assistant Cashier Manager position. I am grateful to you and your staff for how respectfully you treated me and I appreciate you offering me employment.
I was really impressed with The Number Store and everyone there; however, after carefully weighing all my options I have decided not to accept your job offer due to the difficulty in coming at work as I reside 75 km from there.
May you and your company have the best of luck and continue being a successful company.
Thank you once again for taking your time to consider me.
Bob is rejecting the job offer becauseCorrectIncorrect
Arrange the following sentences to form a sensible paragraph.
- The government says that it might take three weeks to two months for them to completely fix them.
- Our roads are still a wreck, and some are completely impassable.
- We might have to expect a shortage in some of our resources, as the main road has also been put under construction.
- Here is the aftermath of the storm, three days after it hit our city.
This policy is about Motor Vehicle Maintenance
- The driver is responsible for the scheduling and the maintenance of the Company’s motor vehicles and its conditions. All vehicle maintenance work must first be approved by the manager in charge before taking place.
- The manager in charge is also responsible for checking and overseeing all aspects of the motor vehicle maintenance and management on a weekly basis and will manage issues and detect tasks to relevant parties as necessary. This includes but is not limited to log books, problems, fuel requirements, and cleaning.
- The driver is responsible for routine services and repairs including refueling and routine motor vehicle checks, e.g. tire pressure checks and car battery checks. Routine scheduling includes organizing renewal registrations, pink slips, green slips, and insurances for all of the Company’s motor vehicles.
What must the driver do with the Company’s cars based on the above-mentioned policy?CorrectIncorrect
This document is a General Security Policy
This security policy addresses the following areas of concern:
- General security policy and standards
- Security organization
- Personnel security and training
- Physical security
- Computer systems access control
- State Health Network
- Security in system life cycle management
- Computer integrity and incident reporting
- Malicious software
- Business continuity management
Based on the abovementioned Security Policy, which of the following statements is NOT true?CorrectIncorrect
Look carefully at the letter below:
Dear Mr. Stevenson:
Your company recently installed rain gutters on my house in Country Meadows. We paid $4545 for new gutters on every face of our two-story home. The work took place on 10/2/2019. Attached is a copy of the invoice showing the work was completed and paid in full.
We were very happy with the service we received and your crew was very kind and professional. Unfortunately, during the heavy snow storm we had last week, our new rain gutters on the north side of our house fell off. While I am not an expert, it appears that several of the fasteners were inadvertently left out during installation.
We ask that you send your crews back out to complete the job that was paid for, replacing the gutters that have detached and inspecting the remainder of the gutters for similar issues.
We look forward to hearing back from you in the next several days to confirm when you will be returning. We expect to see your crew within the next three weeks and will wait until then before contacting the state contractor’s license board.
Feel free to contact me at (123) 456-7890 to schedule or visit or with any questions or concerns.
The above text is an example of a ……………..CorrectIncorrect
The material below is an excerpt of Data Quality Officers Policy
Staff members who have designated data quality functions as part of their role will be considered to be Data Quality Officers and will:
- assess and provide reports on compliance with the data quality framework;
- assist in data quality studies or ad hoc data quality reporting or initiatives;
- assist in the development of data quality infrastructure, strategy, and policy;
- provide feedback to System Trainers to help develop best practice; and
- assist in root cause analysis of data issues.
What is NOT supposed to do a Data Quality Officer based on the policy excerpt above?CorrectIncorrect
This is a Sample Letter of Intent to Accept Scholarship
Dear Coach Sullivan,
I wanted to confirm to you in writing my intent to accept the football scholarship offered to me by Awesome University. I am excited to put on the colors of the fighting lobos and begin practicing with you this fall.
Please send me information that will help me get ready for the season including information about enrollment, housing and training. If you have further questions, I can be reached at (123) 456-7890.
Thank you again for this opportunity and I look forward to seeing you again this summer.
Based on the above Intent Letter, which statement is TRUE about Scott Young?CorrectIncorrect
Praxis Core Reading: The Fundamentals
This test lasts for 85 minutes and features 56 passage-based multiple-choice questions. The Core Academic Skills for Educators Test in Reading assesses academic skills in reading. These are the skills that are necessary for a productive education career. All the skills measured are considered necessary for college and career readiness. And, they are in keeping with the Common Core State Standards for Reading.
Specifically, the test places importance on skills that are an essential part of teacher preparation courses, such as The capacity to analyze, interpret, and evaluate different sorts of texts.
What is included in the test?
- Passage-based multiple-choice items
- The reading material presented in the exam is sourced from many real-life scenarios and different subject areas.
- All of the passages are accompanied by questions that are based on the text. These questions connect to reading skills.
- All the questions may be answered based on the information featured in the passage. As such, no additional or outside knowledge is needed.
The test features four sorts of material:
- Paired passages equaling around 200 words, and four to seven questions.
- Long passages equaling around 200 words, and four to seven questions.
- Short passages equaling around 100 words, and two or three questions.
- Short statements, and a single question.
How to ace the exam with Prepterminal’s course
Praxis is a crucial hurdle that you must overcome in order to become a teacher. Preparation is essential. A top way to begin your preparations is by completing our Praxis Core reading practice test. Also, feel free to check out our free Core Writing and Core Math tests as well.
Our team has also put together a Core Guide so that you can learn all about the Praxis Core. To make sure you have all the information you need about Praxis we have created a comprehensive modular Praxis Prep course. The course includes 1 reading guide, 2 writing guides, 13 maths guides, and 1 graphic literacy & data sets guide. It also comes with 3 reading tests, 13 writing tests, 13 maths tests, and 1 graphic literacy and data sets test. Get all the practice you need with our Core practice tests. And, you will have ample time to prepare, as we offer lifetime access and 24/7 support for any questions.
*Note: Praxis and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with PrepTerminal or this website.
Praxis Core Test: Guide, Dates & Fees (2021)
Last updated 12/2020
Embarking on a new career is no easy task. And, becoming a teacher has its challenges. One such challenge is the Praxis Core tests. Many colleges and universities demand a passing score on this series of exams. This is in order to enter into their teacher education programs. And, in a lot of states, a passing score is needed to be certified as a teacher at schools.