Master the SHL Test With Realistic Sample Questions - 2023
Learn how to quickly & accurately find SHL test answers with detailed guides and practice tests
Rapid SHL Masterclass
SHL uses a wide variety of question types across their different exams. If you want to be part of the 20% who pass their SHL test and get the job, you need to learn about these question types and exactly how to reach the correct solution. Let’s find out about some different SHL question types and how to find the solution below.
For full preparation including detailed study guides and full practice tests, sign up today for Prepterminal’s Rapid SHL Mastery Course to get 100% prepared for test day and secure your next big job opportunity.
How SHL Tests Work
Do you have an SHL test coming up? Chances are you’ll be taking one as part of a candidate screening process. Here’s the thing: SHL tests can be notoriously difficult and there are no shortcuts.
SHL assessments test mechanical comprehension, spatial awareness, verbal, inductive, and numerical reasoning. They also can be tailored to a specific job or department within a company. Looking for SHL test answers? Our course will prepare you with SHL practice test answers and a practice course that will help you ace the test and outperform any competition for the job.
Types of SHL Tests
SHL provides a wide variety of SHL tests and even produces bespoke tests for clients to meet specific requirements in employee screening. The main tests are:
|Test Type||Number of Questions||Time (in minutes)|
|SHL Verify G+||30||32-36|
|SHL Numerical Reasoning||18||17-25|
|SHL Inductive Reasoning||24||25|
|SHL Deductive Reasoning||18||20|
|SHL Verbal Reasoning||30||19|
|SHL Mechanical Reasoning||Varies|
|SHL Situational Judgment||30-50||Untimed|
Let’s take a look at some SHL sample questions with solutions to learn exactly what’s on the test:
SHL Assessment Test Prep Course
- Intro and Strategy1 step, 2 minutes
- 1/2/3/4 Operations3 steps - 25 minutes
- Rates & Proportion2 steps - 20 minutes
- Ratio2 steps - 25 minutes
- Tables2 steps - 20 minutes
- Currency Exchange2 steps - 30 minutes
- Percentages2 steps - 20 minutes
- SHL Numerical Reasoning Test4 steps - 1 hour 20 minutesApply your mathematical learning in 4 full-length practice tests.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Formal Logic3 steps - 25 minutes
- Verbal Reasoning2 steps - 25 minutes
- Analogies2 steps - 20 minutes
- Antonyms3 steps - 25 minutes
- SHL Verbal Reasoning Test1 step - 20 minutesApply your verbal reasoning learning in a full-length practice test.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Non-Verbal Analogies3 steps - 30 minutesLearn how to interpret visual analogies by applying rules and transformations present in one image transition to another pair of images.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Inductive Reasoning3 steps - 30 minutesLearn how to identify a series of changes occurring over a number of steps to identify the final image in the sequence.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Spatial Awareness2 steps - 25 minutesLearn how to identify an unspecified feature shared by two images, and identify which answer shares or does not share that feature.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Inductive Reasoning/Spatial Awareness Full Test1 step - 20 minutesApply your abstract reasoning learning with a full-length practice test.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Mechanical Reasoning10 steps - 1 hour 30 minutesLearn the mechanical knowledge required in the SHL Mechanical Reasoning test.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- SHL Mechanical Test1 step - 20 minutesApply your mechanical learning in a full-length practice test.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- SHL Checking Tests6 steps - 40 minutes
- SHL Full Practice Test3 steps, 1 hour
- Verify G+ Full Tests2 steps, 40 minutes
- SHL Verify Interactive TestBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- SHL Personality Assessment1 step - 40 minutesLearn how the personality assessment measures you and how to present yourself in the best way possible.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- SHL Personality Assessment - Written Guide
- SHL OPQ Supporting and Cooperating Trait
- SHL OPQ Organizing and Executing Trait
- SHL OPQ Leading and Deciding Trait
- SHL OPQ Interacting and Presenting Trait
- SHL OPQ Enterprising and Performing Trait
- SHL OPQ Creating and Conceptualizing Trait
- SHL OPQ Analyzing and Interpreting Trait
- SHL OPQ Adapting and Coping Trait
- BONUS Interview Prep Video Guide1 step, 10 minutesFind out the best common interview practice and how you can get yourself into the best possible headspace on the big day.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
Botten’s Bottles Ltd. Product Range
|Cost Per Unit USD|
|Products||Materials||Manufacture||QA||Sale per unit|
|Profit per unit|
- a:Coppice I
- b:Coppice II
First, we must identify the total input cost ‘c’ of each product. This is achieved easily by subtracting profit from sales price. The input costs are as follows:
Now, we divide the money input ‘m’ by the cost of making the product ‘c’ to find the volume of each product ‘y’ one can produce with that amount of money:
This yields the following volumes of production for each product:
As one cannot sell a fraction of a product, we round down the number of products ‘y’ to the nearest whole number:
Now, we multiply these values by the profit per product ‘p’ to reach the total profit ‘P’.
This yields the values:
And so, this gives the answer: B, Coppice II yields the highest profit given a $100 investment.
These tests assess a candidate’s ability to comprehend and critically evaluate passages of written information. Candidates are presented with a passage of information, and based upon the premise of the passage, must identify the truthfulness of given statements.
Sample Question “A certain high street restaurant finds it beneficial to employ temporary staff during the summer. Due to a combination of permanent staff seeking holiday time and others taking holiday leave in other professions the restaurant does not have the permanent staff available to meet the full demand. This manner of employment often attracts students who seek to save money in between terms, who may later return as well-qualified recruits for higher management roles in the organization. By ensuring that temporary staff is educated about the restaurant’s operation in as much depth as possible, the restaurant encourages interest in pursuing full recruitment with the restaurant’s corporate office in the future, depending on the subject the student has studied. Restaurants pay temporary staff the same per-hour rate as permanent staff, but without the entitlement to sick leave or bonus schemes.”
Statement 1: Temporary staff is hired at a 1:1 ratio to the number of permanent staff taking holiday time.
- Cannot Say
Statement 2: If no restaurant staff took holiday time, the restaurant would not hire any temporary staff during the summer.
- Cannot Say
Statement 3: Temporary staff is paid only for hours worked.
- Cannot Say
Statement 1: Cannot say. The replacement ratio of permanent staff to temporary staff is not given, and the training of permanent staff cannot be taken into account or assumed as it is not outright stated in the test.
Statement 2: False. As the shortfall in staff comes from both staff taking leave and increased seasonal demand, there remains a shortfall even if no staff took leave. As a result, temporary staff would still be taken on if no permanent staff took leave, albeit a lower number.
Statement 3: True. As no sick leave or bonuses are afforded to temporary staff, they are paid only for hours worked.
These tests assess a candidate’s ability to identify relationships between given items, using neither numerical nor verbal ability, instead making use of shapes or patterns in order to identify intelligence.
E – Each new star is a different color from the previous star, and the colors switch with each new image. As the previous star to the right of the new star was orange and is now yellow, the new star is orange.
These tests assess a candidate’s ability to understand and apply basic mechanical and physical principles, using questions based on various mechanical mechanisms and situations such as pulleys and belts, where the candidate must identify the correct answer based on their mechanical knowledge.
- a:A, D, F
- b:C & F
- c:A, B, D, E
C – As the belt is moving clockwise, the upper half is moving to the right and the lower half is moving to the left. The wheels contained within the belt rather than those on the outside will be pulled clockwise with the belt, while those on the outside will be pulled in the opposite direction. As A, B, D, and E are contained within the belt, they are turning clockwise.
These tests assess a candidate’s comprehension of spatial dimensions and ability to manipulate the spatial dimensions of shapes. Candidates are often required to answer questions about rotation or reflection, or they may be required to identify the correct 3d shape which would be created by 2d plans.
A – The three uppermost squares in shape A form the three visible faces of the cube when folded.
These tests are psychological assessments that examine a candidate’s judgment in presented work-based scenarios. With Prepterminal SHL practice test answers, we can improve your scores on each SHL testing type!
You have been scheduled to meet with a client who has shown interest in buying from your company later today. Prior to this, you have asked a colleague from another team to provide you with the necessary presentation materials in order to effectively pitch the product. However, he has not sent the materials, and upon further investigation, you learn that he had mistakenly believed these to be required next week, and has not prepared any of them at this time.
You arrive at his office and explain the situation in order to see if he can deliver anything in time for the meeting. He suggests that there are two options: he can either rush a presentation from scratch, potentially at the expense of quality, or he can try to modify a pitch presentation for the previous product in the same line in order to reflect the current product, though he is likely to make mistakes in his description of the product.
- a:Allow your colleague to rush the presentation, and use the rushed presentation to meet the client.
- b:Ask your colleague to modify an existing presentation for an old product, and use the modified presentation to meet the client.
- c:Attempt to have the meeting postponed, and in your explanation to your superiors inform them that it was the fault of your colleague who had not prepared the appropriate material.
- d:Decline both offers and attempt to pitch the product without a pitch presentation.
As this is a situational judgment test, there is no outright correct response – it is the responsibility of the test-taker to gauge how the company would wish them to behave.
Practice SHL Tests
The SHL practice test answers and questions on this page constitute just a small fraction of the questions that you should expect on each kind of test, and the difficulty in real SHL tests can vary greatly.
Want to up your game for the big test? Sign up for Prepterminal’s comprehensive SHL test preparation packs. We’ve created a full repertoire of SHL-style practice questions and answers, along with module-based courses to fill out your understanding of the tests. Our practice exams prepare you for every type of SHL assessment.
Need SHL verbal reasoning test answers or SHL numerical reasoning test answers? We’ve got you covered. We use a combination of text and video-based guides to explain each test concept in-depth along with SHL practice tests in order to benchmark your progress.
Our test prep packs are a one-stop shop for test success. Don’t miss this opportunity to come out on top and get the job!
SHL Practice Tests
3 timed, full-length SHL-style practice tests.
SHL Expert Video Lessons
Learn quickly the best tactics for every SHL section on any device, 100% online.
Top Quality SHL Materials
Prepare as quickly as possible, with the most up-to-date, accurate, and effective SHL prep materials.
What Does The SHL Course Cover?
You will be Learning and Practicing with
- SHL Verbal Reasoning
- SHL Numerical Reasoning
- SHL Inductive Reasoning
- SHL Mechanical Reasoning
- Occupational Personality Questionnaire(OPQ)
- SHL Motivation Questionnaire
- SHL Situational Judgement
- Helpful expert video lessons
- Practice questions
- End-of-module quizzes
- Excel Exercises
- Written guides
- Immediate online access
- 24/7 support via email
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 1 time payment
*Note: SHL and other trademarks are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with Prepterminal or this website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I have very short notice. Do I have enough time to practice?
You are not alone here. 90% of our users receive a short notice of just a few days and even less. That’s why we created this Rapid SHL Prep Course. You can quickly and dramatically improve your performance on the test day with our easy video tutorials and just the right amount of practice questions. You won’t be overwhelmed with thousands of questions. You probably won’t have the time for this and it’s unnecessary.
How many times will I be charged?
You will only be charged once for your license to use this course. There won’t be any recurring charges when your license expires and no hidden fees.
How does the course work?
The Rapid SHL course is a modular program in which each module contains instructional guides & practice quizzes. At the end of the course, you can take full-length practice tests to experience the real thing in a realistic timed environment.
Do I get practice tests?
Yes! The Rapid SHL course comes with a wide range of practice tests for each category, as well as full-length practice tests to test your knowledge after finishing all our modules.
QQuincey JInformative for the subjectHelpful to understand the right answers
lliam m.Good contentgood content
OOliver W.Worth the money!I didn't believe that a $64 course will help me get the job, but here it is! This course improved my test results by about 40%!!! Awesome!!!
WWilliam C.Very thorough!It's a huge relief to go through such a fleshed out course for this test. The real SHL test I took was MUCH easier because I prepared with this course. If anything, I even felt overprepared in some ways! The personality test module was a nice addition too. Thanks Prepterminal!
KKaren S.Got the job!I didn't realize the SHL test would be so difficult, but this course helped me to prepare quickly. I passed my test and got the job!
CCarlos S.Extremely worth money spend!!For those which are in doubt about to purchase or not the course I do really recommend. It covers all SHL tests subjects. Thank you prep team!
GGeorge R.Amazing Prep. for TestThis is a very good source to prepare for the SHL Test i purchased it before he test by 5 days and i find it a very good source to know the type of questions you will face in the test, it is really a good source and worth the money you pay for it
OOliver W.Did well on the testI was a tragedy on the practice test, but after I took the course I improved my result significantly and actually managed to pass the real test!