Take our Free ACCUPLACER Reading Practice Test (2023)
The ACCUPLACER reading practice test features 20 questions that all relate to a given text or passage.
We, at Prepterminal, have created an ACCUPLACER reading practice test, so you can gain an understanding of the structure and format of this tricky exam. Know what to expect on the real ACCUPLACER reading test by taking our ACCUPLACER reading practice test. Also, find out where your weak areas are so you can tailor your preparation and improve your test score.
FREE ACCUPLACER Reading Practice Test
Prepterminal has prepared a short practice test, so you can get a taste of what is going to be on the real exam.
Writing Practice Test
This sub-test has been created to measure your capacity to:
- Locate the central ideas
- Form inferences
- Make a distinction between a direct statement and a supporting concept
- Comprehend what you read
The passages you will be given will be either, single or paired. The test will be based on a variety of content areas and will include various levels of complexity. The exam will also cover various writing modes. The reading exam features the following skill and knowledge topics:
Information and Ideas (7-11 questions)
- Identifying core ideas and themes (finding implicit or explicitly made central concepts and themes)
- Close reading (knowing which information to make conclusions and inferences about)
- Knowledge of summarizing (identifying a sound summary)
- Identifying relationships (understanding implicit and explicitly stated relationships)
Rhetoric (7-11 questions)
- Analyzing and studying arguments (studying claims and counterclaims and interpreting how an author uses or doesn’t use supporting evidence. Determining the quality of the author’s reasoning)
- Study point of view (analyze the point of view and its impact on the style and content of the text)
- Study purpose (find the central purpose of the text)
- Study the structure of the text (analyze the general structure of the text or find the relationship between a section of the text, and the entire text.
- Study word choice (see how the use of phrases and words contribute to the meaning and tone of the text)
Synthesis (2 questions)
Studying many texts (combining ideas and information from several texts)
Vocabulary (2-4 questions)
Discover the meaning of phrases and words in context
ACCUPLACER Prep Course
- 1IntroductionBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 2What's on the Math TestBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 3Advanced Algebra and FunctionsBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Radical and Rational Equations
- Polynomial Equations
- Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
- Factoring Practice Test
- Quadratics Practice Test
- Functions Practice Test
- Radical and Rational Equations Practice Test
- Polynomial Equations Practice Test
- Exponential and Logarithmic Equations Practice Test
- Trigonometry Practice Test
- 4Algebra QASBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Rational Numbers Practice Test
- Geometry Concepts Practice Test
- Descriptive Statistics Practice Test
- Probability Sets Practice Test
- Linear Applications and Graphs Practice Test
- Linear Equations Practice Test
- Algebraic Expressions Practice Test Copy
- Algebraic Expressions Practice Test
- Exponents Practice Test
- Ratio and Proportions Practice Test
- Rational Numbers
- Geometry Concepts
- Descriptive Statistics
- Probability Sets
- Linear Applications and Graphs
- Linear Equations
- Algebraic Expressions
- Ratio and Proportion
- 5ArithmeticBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 6Reading Test
- 8Clear Pronoun Reference
- 10Written ExpressionsBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Written Guide
- Written Expressions - Antonyms and Analogies
- Written Expressions – Antonyms and Analogies 2
- Written Expressions – Antonyms and Analogies 3
- Written Expressions - Correct and Incorrect Spelling
- Written Expressions - Synonyms With & Without Context
- Written Expressions - Antonyms With & Without Content
- Written Expressions - Verbal 1
- Written Expressions – Verbal 2
- Written Expressions – Verbal 3
- Written Expressions – Verbal 4
- Written Expressions - Punctuation & Capitalization
- Written Expressions - Sentence Completion
- Written Expressions – Grammar
- 12BONUS Interview Prep Video GuideBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
Passages of ACCUPLACER reading test
The passages that feature on the ACCUPLACER reading test will be single or multiple (paired). All of the passages presented on the test are written solely for this test alone. They will be either informational or literary in style. The passages will come in different lengths. Some short passages will be between 150-200 words. The passages that are medium in length will be between 250-300 words. And, the long passages will contain between 350-400 words. The difficulty of the passages will also vary. Some will be at an early high-school level, while others will be at a post-secondary level.
Every passage on the ACCUPLACER test will be based on one of the following three content topics:
- History/ Careers/ Social Studies
Every passage will also fall under one of the following categories of writing styles:
Why Practice for your ACCUPLACER Test
The point of the ACCUPLACER Placement test is to assess how well you understand the English and Math concepts you learned in high school. Your ACCUPLACER Placement test score result will be used by your prospective university to decide which courses you must take when you begin your college education. If you don’t manage to get a good score on your ACCUPLACER exam, you may need to take remedial math or English classes. This could mean that you will have to revise the material that you already learned in high school.
We, at Prepterminal, want to give you the best chance to succeed on your ACCUPLACER test. And, that’s why we have developed several practice tests to help you attain a top score on your ACCUPLACER exam. Feel free to take a look at our writing quiz and math quiz (that covers both algebra and arithmetic subjects). Discover your current testing level when you take our quizzes.
About Prepterminal’s ACCUPLACER Test Course
The ACCUPLACER test is an important exam for anyone who wants to progress directly to college-level subjects. Given its significance and weight, you must prepare before taking the real test. Ensure that you access accurate and reliable study materials – like those provided by Prepterminal.
Prepterminal’s course will give you all the material you need to familiarize yourself with the structure and format of the ACCUPLACER test. Our course consists of 400 practice items. It covers all ACCUPLACER test sections. When you choose to prepare with Prepterminal you will save time and money that you could otherwise need to invest in remedial level study classes.