Free Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) Practice & Study Guide 2023
The Format of the Wonderlic SLE
Standard SLE testing features 50 multiple-choice questions and needs to be completed within 12 minutes. The exam is to be taken online. However, you may be asked to come into an assessment center, so you can take it as a proctored exam.
The Wonderlic SLE Quicktest (SLE-Q) is a shorter version of the test. The content is the same as standard SLE testing, however, this exam has 30 questions and a time frame of 8 minutes. Schools generally use the Quicktest as part of their screening process. You may be asked to take the initial shorter exam at home. If you pass the Quicktest, you could be asked to complete the full-length test.
The Wonderlic SLE comprises four subjects; logic, mathematics, verbal comprehension, and general knowledge. You will be told to undertake exercises such as:
- Completing Analogies
- Forming Sentences
- Comparing Proverbs
- Defining Words
- Comparing Ratios
- Solving Word Problems
- Identifying Percentages
- Calculating Averages
- Deductive Reasoning
- Identifying Patterns
- Manipulating 3-D Forms
- Remembering Dates
- Studying Graphs
- Finding Duplicates
Free Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE)
Passing 50 multiple-choice questions in 12 minutes might seem impossible. Even though the Wonderlic Test is quite challenging, our prep course will help to beat and get the required score on the exam.
Our course includes 7 timed, full-length Wonderlic-style practice tests with 27 module quizzes, so you are armed with knowledge and feel confident on the real test day.
Rapid Wonderlic Mastery Course
- 1Dates Ordering
- 2BONUS Interview Prep Video GuideBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 3Full Practice Tests
- 4Geometrical Figures and GraphsBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 5Ratio, Proportion and PercentagesBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 6Fractions and Fractional MagnitudesBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Comparison of Fractional Magnitudes - Written Guide
- Comparison of Fractional Magnitudes - Practice Questions
- Fractional Units of Measure including Units of Time - Written Guide
- Fractional Units of Measure including Units of Time - Practice Questions
- Fractional Monetary Units - Written Guide
- Fractional Monetary Units - Practice Questions
- Proper and Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers -Written Guide
- Proper and Improper Fractions - Practice Questions
- 7Numbers - Operations With Whole NumbersBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Evaluation, simplification, and solving of variable expressions and equations
- Evaluation, simplification and solving of variable expressions and equations
- Whole Units of Measure Including English - Written Guide
- Whole units of measure including English and Metric units of time, length, weight, and distance
- Whole Monetary Units - Written Guide
- Whole Monetary Units - Practice Test
- Whole Numbers -Written Guide
- Whole Numbers - Practice Questions
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division -Written Guide
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division Questions
- 8Personnel SLE - Practice Tests
- 9Wonscore Personality AssessmentBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 10Wonderlic Motivation Potential AssessmentBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 11Bonus Personality Module
- 12Clock Hands Patterns
- 13Finding Duplicates
- 14Intro and StrategyBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 153D Cubes
- 16General Knowledge
- 17Deductive Reasoning
- 18Numbers Series
- 19Verbal Questions
- 22Numerical Reasoning (Part 2)
- 23Numerical Reasoning (Part 1)
- 24Data Sets and Graphical InterpretationBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 26Checkered Figures
Types of Questions on the Wonderlic SLE
The Wonderlic SLE features 50 questions and includes a wide range of question types. These questions are not presented in a specific order. The following are the most common types of questions on the SLE:
Vocabulary: When answering vocabulary questions on the Wonderlic you will be given two words. You will need to say if those words:
- Have the same or similar meanings
- Have opposite or contradictory meanings
- Are unrelated and thus have neither the same nor contradictory meanings
- You may also be presented with a word and told to choose the answer that means the opposite of the given word.
Math: There are not too many math questions on the Wonderlic, however, you can expect to see some questions that will test your understanding of:
- Identifying numerical patterns
- Solving algebraic word problems
Although the math questions are not all that difficult, you are not permitted to use a calculator. This makes these questions a bit more complex.
Also, the math questions on the Wonderlic SLE are not all multiple-choice. In some cases, you may need to type or write your answer.
Proverbs: A proverb is a short saying or phrase, which demonstrates a general belief. For example; “a cat has nine lives”. The Wonderlic will present five proverbs, and ask you to select the two that are related and have common meanings.
Logic Puzzles: These question types show you three statements and ask you “if the first two statements are true, is the third statement true, false, or uncertain?”.
Spatial Reasoning: These questions don’t always appear on the Wonderlic SLE. However, when they do feature they look like spatial reasoning questions you would generally see on IQ tests.
The Wonderlic SLE Scoring System and a Good Score
The Wonderlic SLE exams feature 50 questions and come with a time frame of 12 minutes. The number of questions you answer right out of 50 is your score. So, for example, if within the 12-minute time period you answer 34 questions and get 23 of them right, your score will be 23.
A good score on the Wonderlic SLE exam will vary from program to program. The majority of programs need a score of 16 or more. However, some schools set their cut-off score as high as 30. This means that you would need to get 30 questions out of 50 right, within 12 minutes.
FAQ: All You Need to Know About the Wonderlic (SLE)
What is a passing score on the Wonderlic?
The average score for the Wonderlic test is 20 out of the maximum 50, according to Wonderlic Inc. The exam is timed and made up of 50 questions. Each question you get right is worth one point. If you score 10 or above you are deemed to be literate. Anything lower than 10 may indicate illiteracy.
Is the Wonderlic SLE test hard?
The Wonderlic SLE intimidates many people for valid reasons. It is an exam that comes with high stakes as your future career may depend on it. It is also hard because of the tight time limit (50 questions in 12 minutes). You only have 14 seconds to answer each one of the questions.