Ace the 2023 DBS PLI Test With Expert Insights and Latest Mock Tests
Predictive Index Mastery Course
The Development Bank of Singapore uses the Predictive Index Test to screen prospective employees and filter out weaker candidates. Candidates are challenged with a high number of questions to be answered in a very short amount of time. You’ll be required to complete 50 questions in just 12 minutes.
The DBS Predictive Index Test consists of three main parts:
- Abstract Reasoning
- Numerical Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
DBS maintains rigorously high standards when it comes to hiring employees, so if you want to stand a chance of getting ahead of the competition you need to prepare thoroughly. Prepterminal’s Rapid Predictive Index Prep Course is the only resource you need to get 100% ready to take on the test with ease and get the job.
The DBS Hiring Process
Before DBS employs you, you must undergo a pre-employment process with two main sessions: the DBS PLI Assessment test and the DBS Interview. Anyone applying for a job with the organization must attend these sessions, including bankers, lead developers, seed programmers, graduate associates, and many more.
Once you receive a call from a DBS recruiter, your application has been accepted. But don’t celebrate yet! You will be invited to the first session – which is not a walk in the park. Nonetheless, you can easily succeed in it if you have confidence in yourself and take the appropriate steps to prepare thoroughly for what is to come in the test!
Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment: Course Content
- Intro and StrategyBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Number Series3 steps, 35 minutesLearn how to rapidly solve number series questions by identifying whether they are linear, geometric, compound, layered, or squared.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Spatial Awareness3 steps, 30 minutesLearn how to identify conforming and outlying figures in image series for a quick & accurate solution.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Inductive Reasoning3 steps, 30 minutes
- Analogies3 steps, 20 minutes
- Antonyms3 steps, 20 minutes
- Formal Logic3 steps, 30 minutes
- Non-Verbal Analogies3 steps, 30 minutesLearn how to quickly identify the rule in a transition between two images and apply the same rule to another transition.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Lowest Values3 steps, 25 minutes
- Word Problems3 steps, 30 minutes
- Predictive Index Primer1 step, 5 minutesLearn about the Predictive Index and how you can best take on the test.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Behavioral assessment7 steps, 45 minutesLearn what's on your behavioral assessment and how to represent yourself to fit the job role.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Behavioral assessment – Video Guide
- Behavioral Assessment – Written Guide
- Technical Positions Preferred PI Behavioral Key Factors
- Service Positions Preferred PI Behavioral Key Factors 1
- Service Positions Preferred PI Behavioral Key Factors 2
- Management Positions Preferred PI Behavioral Key Factors
- Behavioral assessment Questions
- PLI Practice Tests3 steps, 1 hour
- BONUS Interview Prep Video Guide1 step, 10 minutesFind out the best common practice for interviews and how you can get yourself into the best possible headspace on the big day.Buy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
DBS PLI Assessment Test: Everything you Need to Know
The Predictive Index Learning Indicator (PILI) or Predictive Index Learning (PLI) was specially designed to assess the cognitive capabilities of potential employees. It also helps to determine the level at which an individual looking for employment can perform complex tasks when pressed for time, adapt to different working conditions, learn new things swiftly, and solve complex problems.
Just like any standard PLI test, the DBS test is divided into three main categories, which are further subdivided into nine subcategories that are essential in measuring the individuals’ cognitive capabilities and knowledge acquisition as outlined below:
- Numerical reasoning: in this category, DBS aims at testing number values, number series, and math problems.
- Verbal reasoning: DBS uses this category to test oral analysis, antonyms, and analogies.
- Abstract reasoning: DBS recruiters depend on this category to test standard features, visual analogies, and visual series.
Typically, this test comprises 50 questions which should take 12 minutes to complete. The idea behind this test is for DBS to get a glimpse of a candidate’s unique skills and knowledge that couldn’t be captured in the resume, other than relying on knowledge acquired in academic institutions.
Prepterminal’s experts have created a comprehensive learning resource, providing all the components for success, from text/video modules to mock assessments, so you can approach the PI exam fully.
DBS Interview Questions
You will be invited to the second round if you attain a good enough score on your PLI test. In the second round, you will undergo an interview with a DBS representative.
Most of the questions you will be asked in your DBS interview will be competency-based and personal.
If you have applied for a software engineer or banker position, you may also be asked technical or professional questions.
Here are some examples of DBS interview questions:
- Why would you like to work at the Development Bank of Singapore?
- What would you like to gain professionally by working at the DBS?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What is an overdraft, NPAs, or cash credit?
- Explain the difference between a LinkedList and an ArrayList.
- When is it appropriate to use iBatis, Hibernate ORM, and TopLink JPA?
To ensure you create a great impression. You need to be able to answer technical questions accurately. You should also know all about the DBS and its vision.
The DBS PLI Test Tips
Many people might fear taking the DBS PLI Assessment because they believe it is as tricky as most cognitive ability tests. On the contrary, this organization is committed to using simple words and expressions in its difficulty. However, getting a high score is not as easy as it sounds. Remember, you will have less than 15 seconds to think through every question. This is where the primary challenge lies and the main reason why you need these essential tips!
Practicing for a DBS PLI test is something that cannot be overlooked. Our realistic PLI practice tests cover every question type found on the PLI exam, so you need look no further than this course. With focused guides and full-length practice tests, this is a one-stop shop for PLI success.
Look at the time you will take to complete every question, and record the number of questions you completed before time elapsed. This way, you will be able to assess your speed and develop strategies to improve on it.
Identify your strengths and weaknesses
When you finish your practice tests, it is time to look at your strengths and weaknesses. Assess the areas you have failed the most, and seek to understand the reason behind the failure. Don’t forget to be honest with yourself. For example, if you have failed a math test because you are poor in math, devote time to studying this subject instead of giving up or capitalizing on what you love. Then, retake some tests and take note of any improvements.
Also, don’t forget to look at the questions you guessed. Remember, uneducated guesses might not work for you during the actual test. Therefore, treat questions you got right through guesswork as wrong, and study them hard. Getting them right will give you a competitive edge over your competitors.
Now that you have worked on your weaknesses, capitalized on your strengths, and practiced thoroughly for the DBS PLI test, it is time to get mentally prepared. Since you will have 50 questions to answer in 12 minutes, do some quick math and identify the amount of time you will need to spend on every question.
For these purposes, Prepterminal has produced a comprehensive preparation pack for the PLI test. Featuring focused study modules with both text and video components, this course has been thoroughly tested by our in-house psychometric experts. For preparation from the ground up, there is no option more ideal than Prepterminal.
QQuincey JInformative for the subjectHelpful to understand the right answers
PPaul Ppredictive index job applicationGood guides and practice
SSteve Breally easyI finished this in three hours and it was just like the real test
PPhilip LCatch easy pointsI picked up a lot of extra points just by knowing how to look for the easy questions, thanks!
AAndrei TDon’t skip any modulesSome of the sections might sound really simple but the guides really help you save time
SSandra GBig confidence builderit helped SO MUCH to know what was going to be on my test, in less than a day i was completely ready
CCarlNumber Series helped!Learning how to identify the number series helped me save a lot of time
SSteven HVery easy guidesThe guides were easy to understand and helped me answer the questions very fast, highly recommend