Amazon Workstyle Assessment: Evaluation and 14 Leadership Principles
The Amazon Work Style assessment is not an isolated exam, but rather an additional test that comes right before or after the Amazon online assessments needed for the job you have applied for.
The Amazon Work Style assessment is the most frequently used personality test at Amazon and is completed by almost all candidates.
PrepTerminal’s all-inclusive Amazon prep course will help you to get fully prepared within a few hours to any Amazon Assessment. Our course includes hundreds of realistic practice questions, exercises, short videos, as well as, the best tactics for every type of Amazon Assessment question to help you be fully prepared for the exam.
What is Amazon Workstyle Assessment and what does it Evaluate?
The Amazon Work Style assessment is a sort of personality test. Amazon uses it to assess your professional preferences and to see if you fit in with the Amazon culture.
The Work Style assessment test takes between 10 – 20 minutes to complete. These tests present applicants with a set of statements that are reflective of various working styles. For instance “I prefer working as an individual in an isolated setting” or “I enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment”. For each set, you will need to select your preferred style of work.
It is critical that you refer back to the Leadership Principles when completing the Work Style Assessment. Keep in mind that these outline the sort of employee Amazon seeks and will form the basis against which your working preferences are judged.
Amazon Assessment Prep Course
- 1Inductive/Deductive Reasoning TestBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 2BONUS Interview Prep Video Guide CopyBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 3Amazon Maintenance Technician Test Final Quizzes
- 4Print Reading
- 5Power Transmission and Preventive MaintenanceBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 6Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- 7Electronics and PLC
- 8Test Instruments
- 9Electrical Theory and Control CircuitsBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 10Tools, Materials, and Equipment CopyBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 11Tell Us Your StoryBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 12Run Your Day
- 13Run Your Area
- 14Describe Your Approach Personality Test
- 15Amazon Excel Assessment
- 16Amazon Work Style AssessmentBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 17IntroductionBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 18Verbal Reasoning TestBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 19Numerical Reasoning Test
- 20Verbal Reasoning
- 23Rates & Proportion
- 25Currency Exchange
- 26Spatial Awareness
- 27Non-Verbal Analogies
- 28Inductive Reasoning
- 29Formal Logic
- 321/2/3/4 Operations
What is Amazon Work Style Assessment Based on?
Amazon uses its Leadership Principles every day. When they are discussing ideas for new projects or choosing the best way to solve a problem. All prospective employees are judged based on Amazon’s Leadership Principles. The top way to prepare is to think about how you’ve used the Leadership Principles in your previous job positions.
- Customer Obsession: Leaders begin with the customer and work backward. They work hard to earn and retain the trust of the customer.
- Ownership: Leaders are known as owners. They consider the long term and don’t neglect long-term values for short-term outcomes.
- Invent and Simplify: Leaders want invention and innovation from their team members and constantly discover new ways to simplify processes.
- Are right, A Lot: Leaders are often right. They have good judgment skills and strong instincts.
- Learn and Be Curious: Leaders are always learning and developing. They always strive to improve themselves.
- Hire and Develop the Best: Leaders improve performance with every person they hire and promote.
- Insist on the Highest Standards: Leaders have very high standards – often people consider these standards to be too high.
- Think Big: Leaders communicate and create a strong direction that inspires others to produce and be result orientated.
- Bias for Action: Speed is essential in business. Calculated risk-taking is valued by Amazon.
- Frugality: Often leaders can make a lot of limited resources. They can achieve more with less.
- Earn Trust: Leaders are good listeners, speak frankly, and treat people with respect.
- Dive Deep: Leaders function on all levels, they pay attention to details and audit regularly. They notice when anecdotes and metrics differ.
- Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit: Leaders must respectfully challenge the status quo when they disagree with what is being done. They need to act with conviction and be tenacious.
- Deliver Results: Leaders keep their eye on core inputs for their business and come up with the good in a short period of time.
How can I Prepare for the Amazon Workstyle Assessment?
Amazon Work Style Assessment is entirely based on Amazon Leadership Principles. These are key values that are critical to Amazon. Amazon workers follow and attend to these principles every day.
Before you start the Amazon Work Style Assessment read the Leadership Principles and practice implementing them in your previous work roles and experiences.
In addition, it is essential that you become familiar with common personality test-style questions and amazon work style assessment questions. You should learn about their structure and what they evaluate.