The Amazon Maintenance Technician Test: Preparation Guide (2023)
The Amazon Maintenance Technician Test will assess your mechanical reasoning skills and your ability to solve mechanical problems. You must have prior knowledge of basic scientific and mechanical principles to do well on this assessment test.
On this page, our experts will walk you through all the details you need to know about Amazon Maintenance Technician Test.
PrepTerminal knows how to help you ace the exam. Our all-inclusive Amazon prep course includes hundreds of realistic practice questions, exercises, short videos, as well as, the best tactics for every type of Amazon Assessment question to help you be fully prepared for the exam.
What is the Amazon Ramsay Maintenance Technician Test?
The Amazon Ramsay Maintenance Technician Test is an aptitude exam that employers use to screen potential candidates applying for entry-level positions in the areas of mechanical skills and engineering. In short, this aptitude test measures the mechanical knowledge and understanding of the candidate.
Who is an Amazon Maintenance Technician?
Machine maintenance technicians or machine maintenance workers are in charge of specific safety regulations. They are also responsible for ensuring that key policies are respected and upheld. Maintenance technicians need to make sure that preventative maintenance is in place and that all maintenance is carried out to a very high standard.
Typical tasks that an Amazon Maintenance Technician will need to carry out are as follows:
- Dealing with planned preventative maintenance on equipment that is on-site
- Ensuring that safety and health are a central focus
- Handling breakdowns and speaking with the affected parties to resolve the situation
- Providing the line manager with feedback and suggestions for ways to improve processes
- If you are a junior maintenance technician you will need to provide senior maintenance technicians with ongoing support
What is the Hiring Process for an Amazon Maintenance Technician?
As maintenance technicians are in charge of a lot of equipment and are responsible for any serious problems or issues with the equipment – the hiring process for applicants is slightly different from the typical Amazon hiring process. Firstly, you will be asked more detailed questions in your interview. Secondly, you will need to complete a series of in-depth pre-employment assessment tests.
Typically, maintenance technicians will still need to practice for the typical Amazon online aptitude test, however, they will also need to study for the Amazon Maintenance Technician assessments. These additional exams will test the applicant on technical and machine-orientated knowledge.
Amazon Assessment Prep Course
- 1Inductive/Deductive Reasoning TestBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 2BONUS Interview Prep Video Guide CopyBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 3Amazon Maintenance Technician Test Final Quizzes
- 4Print Reading
- 5Power Transmission and Preventive MaintenanceBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 6Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- 7Electronics and PLC
- 8Test Instruments
- 9Electrical Theory and Control CircuitsBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 10Tools, Materials, and Equipment CopyBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 11Tell Us Your StoryBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 12Run Your Day
- 13Run Your Area
- 14Describe Your Approach Personality Test
- 15Amazon Excel Assessment
- 16Amazon Work Style AssessmentBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 17IntroductionBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 18Verbal Reasoning TestBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 19Numerical Reasoning Test
- 20Verbal Reasoning
- 23Rates & Proportion
- 25Currency Exchange
- 26Spatial Awareness
- 27Non-Verbal Analogies
- 28Inductive Reasoning
- 29Formal Logic
- 321/2/3/4 Operations
What is the Amazon Maintenance Technician Test?
Candidates applying for a maintenance technician position at Amazon will likely need to complete several pre-employment assessments, in addition to Amazon’s typical psychometric tests.
Ramsay Mechanical Aptitude Test
Mechanical aptitude tests are used to screen applicants who wish to work in fields that demand an understanding of engineering or knowledge of technical issues. Amazon uses this test as part of their hiring process to assess potential employees.
Employers also use the Ramsay Mechanical Aptitude test to determine the probability that a candidate will do well in their apprenticeship or trainee program.
The questions featured on this Amazon assessment test will deal with mechanical problems. They typically focus on levers, moments, springs, various tools, and basic electric circuits. You must have prior knowledge of these topics if you want to do well on this assessment test.
Maintenance Technician Assessment Tests 1 and 2
The Amazon maintenance technician test 1 and 2 are assessments used to measure journey-level C for maintenance technicians. Generally speaking, you will only be invited to complete one of these two tests, as the information on these tests generally overlaps.
The exams are technical and test the skill and knowledge level of an entry-level maintenance technician. These tests generally measure an applicant’s understanding of machinery and various physical ideas. Topics tested typically include motion, electrical circuits, voltages, energy, and currents.
The assessment tests feature approximately 120 questions, which are multiple-choice in style.
The Format of the Amazon Maintenance Technician Test
The Amazon Maintenance Technician Test is a multiple-choice assessment. The assessment features illustrations or diagrams, typically of everyday objects. The questions featured in this test relate to these illustrations and/or diagrams.
Subjects included in the assessment may be as follows:
Although these questions don’t demand in-depth scientific knowledge, you will need prior knowledge of basic scientific concepts (particularly physics concepts).
All the questions in this assessment have multiple-choice answers – where only one answer is correct.
How to Prepare for and Pass the Amazon Maintenance Test
The Ramsay Mechanical Aptitude Test is used to assess applicants for entry-level positions. Employers, such as Amazon, use such assessments to learn about the potential of their future maintenance technicians.
To prove to Amazon that you have what it takes to become a successful maintenance technician you will need to ace the Amazon Maintenance Technician Test.
To help you stand out from the competition, our experts at Prepterminal, have created a prep Amazon Maintenance Test course. This course features video-based information and practice tests that mirror the real Amazon Maintenance Test. To ensure that you have the knowledge you need to approach your test with confidence enroll in Prepterminal’s prep course today.