Take our Free PERT Writing Practice Test (2023)
Take PERT Writing Practice Test
What does the PERT Writing Section Measure?
In the PERT Writing section, you will be assessed purely on your understanding of the workings of writing. The PERT Writing subtest does not feature an essay section. You will be shown a sentence, a couple of sentences, or a reading passage. You will then need to study the text and see if there are any grammatical and/or structural mistakes.
- Grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation
- Focusing on one subject or statement
- The structure of a sentence
- Developing an initial argument
- Identifying assertions that contradict what you have written, while creating your own well-founded argument
- Making use of a particular style and tone
- Using the correct citation format for all researched data
- Structuring information logically
- Drawing on information from various sources, all of which support your primary argument
- Word choice
- Writing in keeping with correct grammar conventions
- The development and organization of ideas
- Creating and supporting an argument
PERT Prep Course
- 1BONUS Interview Prep Video GuideBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 2Clear Pronoun Reference
- 5Written ExpressionsBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Written Guide
- Written Expressions - Antonyms and Analogies
- Written Expressions – Antonyms and Analogies 2
- Written Expressions – Antonyms and Analogies 3
- Written Expressions - Correct and Incorrect Spelling
- Written Expressions - Synonyms With & Without Context
- Written Expressions - Antonyms With & Without Content
- Written Expressions - Verbal 1
- Written Expressions – Verbal 2
- Written Expressions – Verbal 3
- Written Expressions – Verbal 4
- Written Expressions - Punctuation & Capitalization
- Written Expressions - Sentence Completion
- Written Expressions – Grammar
- 7Reading Test
- 8Advanced Algebra and FunctionsBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Radical and Rational Equations
- Polynomial Equations
- Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
- Factoring Practice Test
- Quadratics Practice Test
- Functions Practice Test
- Radical and Rational Equations Practice Test
- Polynomial Equations Practice Test
- Exponential and Logarithmic Equations Practice Test
- Trigonometry Practice Test
- 9Algebra QASBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Rational Numbers Practice Test
- Geometry Concepts Practice Test
- Descriptive Statistics Practice Test
- Probability Sets Practice Test
- Linear Applications and Graphs Practice Test
- Linear Equations Practice Test
- Algebraic Expressions Practice Test
- Exponents Practice Test
- Ratio and Proportions Practice Test
- Rational Numbers
- Geometry Concepts
- Descriptive Statistics
- Probability Sets
- Linear Applications and Graphs
- Linear Equations
- Algebraic Expressions
- Ratio and Proportion
- 10ArithmeticBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
The PERT Writing Section’s Scoring System
Each PERT subtest is scored individually. The scores go from 50 to 150. Students cannot fail the PERT exam. Rather, universities use their scores to see which courses they should enroll in, in college. Students achieve a minimum score in each subject test if they don’t want to take accelerated intervention or developmental education courses.
The cutoff scores for the writing subsection of the PERT are as follows:
- Higher Level Developmental Education: Scores – 90 to 98
- Lower Level Developmental Education: Scores – 50 to 89
- Freshman Composition Skills I (ENC 1101): Scores – 99 to 150
How to pass the PERT via Prepterminal’s Course
Make sure that you achieve a top score on your PERT test by practicing on PERT-style exams. Get the score you deserve. Take Prepterminal’s comprehensive PERT prep course and enter the English or Math university course you want. When you enroll in Prepterminal’s prep course you will learn how this psychometric exam is structured and formatted. You will also see which question types you can easily answer, and which questions you find difficult. This will help you focus your studying on strengthening your weaker areas, and ultimately boost your test score.
Make your exam learning experience seamless and enjoyable. Enroll in Prepterminal’s preparatory course today and gain lifelong access to our written and video-based guides. Our complete course also includes PERT-style practice tests with detailed answer explanations. When you read through our expert answer explanations, you will see how best to approach the problems on the exam.
Discover your testing benchmark and see just how much you improve your testing score through Prepterminal’s PERT course.