The National Career Readiness Certificate Test (ACT)
Rapid ACT Workkeys Course
If you are applying for a new job, there is a good chance that you’ll be asked to undertake the National Career Readiness Test (NCRC test). A huge part of this is the ACT WorkKeys test which aims to prove that an applicant has the necessary skills of a well-informed, if not highly capable, employee.
After all, when it comes to a major career-altering test like this, there is no such thing as over-preparing with our comprehensive NCRC test study guides, video guides, practice questions, and practice test to secure your future today!
- Used in over 40 states as a valid form of credentials
- Utilized by more than 4 million professionals today
- Accepted in various industries from healthcare, IT, manufacturing, financing, and others
ACT Prep Course
- 1BONUS Interview Prep Video GuideBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 2IntroductionBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- 3Workplace DocumentsBuy this Course: Get full access to all lessons, practice tests and guides.
- Reading and Writing Memos and Emails - Written Guide
- Finding the Main Idea in a Text - Written Guide
- Following instructions – Written Guide
- Learning New Vocabulary from Context –Written Guide
- Using Documents to Make Decisions – Written Guide
- Acronyms, Jargon, & Technical Terms – Written Guide
- Understanding the Reasoning & Principles behind a Text – Written Guide
- Inferring Details & Reading between the Lines – Written Guide
- Drawing Conclusions & Making Decisions from Incomplete Information – Written Guide
- Workplace Documents Questions 1
- Workplace Documents Questions 2
- Workplace Documents Questions 3
- Workplace Documents Test 1
- Workplace Documents Test 2
- Workplace Documents Test 3
- 4Applied Maths
- 5Graphic Literacy
Major Components of the NCRC Test
A National Career Readiness Certificate is a certificate that proves that the holder manages to pass a test made up of three major components that look at a range of different skills. In order to receive it, you will have to pass the NCRC and sufficiently prove your competency in the three major components.
These components are:
- Graphic literacy
- Workplace documents
- Applied maths
Essentially, the NCRC test looks at your ability to not only understand and use maths, but your reasoning ability.
It covers things like your ability to understand and use workplace documents, your reasoning skills and your visual skills in a bid to prove to your employer that you have the necessary competencies as a professional should you be hired by them.
The NCRC test, and the NCRC certificate, in every sense of the word, will help you secure your future because you managing to pass this test and getting the certificate will make you stand out from the rest of the applicants, especially more so if you are the only one who has it.
Knowing this, it is absolutely vital that you do your best and make good use of an online NCRC practice test so that you can prepare for it.
What Does the NCRC Test aim to Assess?
The NCRC Certificate provides proof of several skills that employers want to find out about their potential candidates/employees! They are all directly correlated to a great work-place attitude and the ability to thrive and succeed in a workplace.
The NCRC test itself is divided into four different levels, and you will be rated (from 1-4) on a number of different skills, including:
- Problem solving and critical thinking.
- Reading and understanding work-related text and documents.
- Applying mathematical reasoning to work-related problems.
- Locating, analyzing, and applying information that are presented graphically
Employers typically prefer candidates with the National Career Readiness Certificate if they need people who are skilled in the above areas.
A few other reasons are:
- Less training time
- Better performance and ratings
- Reduced turnover
Once you understand what the employer is looking for, you can start to see patterns in the test and understand what you need to be focusing on, which can be enhanced further if you have a NCRC practice test on hand!
What do Employers see when a Candidate has a NCRC Certificate?
Employers have a very broad access to the results of the NCRC test.
However, that isn’t always the case. That said, you’ve actually got to make your NCRC certificate public like listing it as part of your resume under your skills or achievements if you are a NCRC certificate holder.
This is mostly a good idea because you are giving them a tangible reason as to why they should hire you over others.
Employers can see the level that you got on each skill set and, if you’ve granted access, they can also look at the verified skills and scores for each level and assessment.
Since the NCRC test is backed by ACT research, we will focus on preparing you with the relevant information and research to give you the absolute best possible chance of success and help you get that NCRC certificate!
Can I Prepare Sufficiently for the NCRC Test?
The good news is that YES, you can absolutely study for the NCRC test! This can be enhanced even further if you have access to a NCRC practice test.
The great thing about the National Career Readiness Certificate test is that it’s not relying on personality-traits and other abstract concepts because it is testing very real skills that you can learn and prepare for.
Being well-informed about what you can expect can be a huge help. Unfortunately, many people have performed poorly on this test in the past, purely because they didn’t prepare, were too confident with themselves, or panicked at the actual exam when they discover a question format that they didn’t see when they were preparing.
That’s right, we’re talking about people who are smart, skilled, and definitely had the abilities that the employer was looking for.
But, as with most things, a lack of preparation can really decrease your chances. We recommend taking a look at online resources, such as our test-preparation courses, practice tests and more so that you can secure your NCRC certificate.
NCRC Assessment Format
You need to obtain a passing score on at least three specific Work Keys (skills), in order to get the National Career Readiness Certificate.
This is a timed test, so it’s important to approach it with a good sense of understanding and strategy. You get 55 minutes to take the NCRC test.
Following this, you will be awarded a certificate level, which is based on your scores through each level of the test.
Make sure that you are familiar with visual graphics, such as graphs, maps, charts and diagrams component of the National Career Readiness Certificate test.
You will also be required to be able to read and understand content such as business letters, bulletins, memos, legal regulations and other business documents that you might encounter in the workplace.
Focusing on critical-thinking and appropriate reading of this information is critical to reviewing all three parts of the test within the 55-minute time-limit.
- Take a look at our FREE prep questions through our NCRC practice test, and see how you will fare if taking the NCRC test blindly or with stock knowledge.
- Check out the employer-focused site, to see what your employer is looking for.
- Check out our full NCRC Test Prep Course, which is one of the only courses online that is currently up to date with the new NCRC test edition and gives you full ACT-backed study-materials
QQuincey JInformative for the subjectHelpful to understand the right answers
OOliver W.Did well on the testI was a tragedy on the practice test, but after I took the course I improved my result significantly and actually managed to pass the real test!
mmarioemondreal good stuffMakes it real!
CCarol W.Thank God I got that course!This course improved my results by around 30% and I passed! Totally worth the money!
TTim W.Do the practice test andDo the practice test and get you speed up to answer every questions! The three test are great. Videos offered quick thinking insight, so be sure to learn the tricks to make the best score possible.
SSoenke S.Very good courses, without themVery good courses, without them and train I would not so good succeed the real one.
SSmithGreat courseVery helpful, especially with simplifying the questions to get quick answers.
sswiremaninterestinginfo very helpful